Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday Update

I've added a count "up" so we can keep track of how many days, we've been without a dishwasher. I'm tired of washing dishes behind (I need a manicure!).

My husband and I have had several reassuring phone calls today that a repair person would be by the house today to fix the dishwasher and write a report on the damage to the house because of the flood. I'm not sure how well an appliance repair person can do a home inspection but we'll see.

Also found this complaint online and the story in it sounds familiar:

I called Sears on November 1 to have them fix my 4 year old fridge when the compressor broke. They told me first available was November 8th. I got off early on the 8th just to have the repairman call me to inform me he would be ordering my part that day. He would reschedule for the 14th. Ok, two weeks without a fridge is bad, but not as bad as having them call me the 14th at 9 am after we were already at work to tell me that they cancelled my appointment. When I got home from work (early for the 2nd week in a row) I got the message and called. They are now saying they can reschedule me for the 20th or I can wait by the phone daily, never leave the house, and hope someone cancels their appointment so I can be seen.

It's 2:30 now and no one's actually been here...so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment